Saturday, May 29, 2021

Vellum Embossed Inked Cards

I saw this gorgeous technique via a YouTube video... I believe the original creator of this card style was Mindy Eggen but I am not 100% sure of that. 

The backgrounds were created using Distress Oxide inks and then splattered with white craft paint. The floral image is from the Hello Lovely stamp set. I don't have the die so I embossed the image on vellum (once in silver and once in gold) and fussy cut around it. The embossed images were adhered to the inked backgrounds. The only things added were a few small gems in the same colour as the embossing and a sentiment strip. I did use a ruler and a black marker to draw lines around the outside of the card to help bring more focus to the stamped sentiments. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Vellum, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: Wordfetti, Hello Lovely (Concord and 9th) 

Inks: Archival Black, Distress Oxide Inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean

Accessories: White Craft Paint, Silver Glitter Gems, Gold Glitter Gems, Silver Embossing Powder, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Black Journaling Pen

Enjoy,

Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)