Friday, May 7, 2021

CD 443 - Love Your Smile

Welcome to this week's Colour Dare challenge!

This is a fun challenge - essentially leading to a monochromatic (or very close to that) project. Using the colour wheel, you are to choose 3 colours that are side by side on the wheel. 

I chose yellow (Canary), yellow-orange (Sundance) and orange (Nectarine) for my card. 

I used several small scrap pieces from various paper packs to create the background. I cut them into 1" wide strips and then cut them on an angle. They were placed side by side to fill the font of the card. I bordered that in black and then die cut the words "I love". The bottom part of the sentiment was stamped with Intense Black and then I used 3 markers to create an ombre effect inside the letters. A few black bursts were added with a coloured bitty sparkle in the center of each. 


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret the challenge guidelines above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Paper Packs - Daisy Meadows, Mix-Ins, Falling for You, Happy Times, Blue Skies, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Blue Skies Cardstock, White Cards and Envelopes

Stamps: Moments with You

Inks: Intense Black, Sundance

Accessories: Moments with You Thin Cuts, Black Bursts, Bitty Sparkles, Various Markers 

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous colour selections Alyson and a perfect match to the black elements. I always like yellow/orange with black. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great background! I love those triangles of color and patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this with the scraps! I totally need to remember to use this technique! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the design papers you used and the black sentiment against the background... very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these every time you show one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mix of patterns, Alyson! Using scraps can be great fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)