Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Tulip Hugs

A friend of mine posts a sketch challenge every week on her Facebook page and I always like to participate. The details for the sketch this week are below. 

I used the exact measurements on the sketch for my card. A combination of Mint, Lagoon and Peacock were my colours of choice along with orange tulips. 

The Peacock background was stencilled using Peacock ink - just to add some interest - as it was very plain without anything. I stamped and die cut the tulips and added them to the card using thin and regular foam tape. A small sentiment was stamped and placed just under the tulip stems. A ribbon was placed at the base of the stamps and the tulips were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. The inside of the card was decorated using the leftover tulips that I had stamped and die cut. 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Morning Dew Patterned Paper (Kaisercraft), Lagoon Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: Tulip (Altenew), Word Up (Reverse Confetti)

Inks: Peacock, Lagoon, Pink Fresh Studios Inks (Tidal Pond, Aquamarine, Apricot, Clementine) 

Accessories: Artbooking Cricut Collection, Tulip Dies (Altenew), Mint Ribbon (misc.), Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Alyson, a gorgeous card! I did buy some Altenew products when they first came out but I'm thinking I need to go look again, love how large their flowers are. Been seeing them on various products. You've once again made a work of art! Hope y'alls lockdowns end soon! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)