Monday, May 6, 2024

DT 166 - Hello Layered Card

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 166!

This week, it's all about making use of the unused or mismatched items in your craft stash. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

We are pairing with Tuesday Morning Sketches for this challenge. Their sketch is shown below. 

Surprisingly, I have almost nothing in my craft stash that hasn't been used. The mismatched paper idea was totally unappealing to me so I found some papers that I had purchased a while ago and never got around to using. The paper pack that I chose was initially available in three colours (black, toffee and mink) and I purchased it in black and mink. I have used much of the black but hadn't cracked open the mink set as it's definitely not a favourite colour of mine. 

For this challenge, I paired the papers in that pack with teal. I chose four mink patterns and adhered them to mink cardstock. They were arranged as per the sketch on teal cardstock (also matted wth mink cardstock). I heat embossed some flower and leaf images using mink ink and coloured them. The sentiment was added to the front and I tied a bow around the front piece of cardstock before adding some turquoise gems around the card.

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your projects using mismatched or unused items from your stash. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Lovely, Alyson! I love that you used the Mink color so effectively in spite of not caring for it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossed flowers, the papers are beautiful and go well with the teal.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those paperpacks were so full of beautiful patterned papers and I got all three sets too; but have only used the Toffee one. Your selection of Mink is perfect for your florals. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gorgeous dark teal! The papers you used are so pretty. Everything came together perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Alyson, your flowers turned out beautiful, a perfect color to go with the mink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mix of patterns. The neutrals make thae gorgeous flowers pop.Thank you for joining Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)