Sunday, May 12, 2024

Tricorn Cards

 I have found a few versions of this card style and wanted to try it myself. It folds flat for mailing. I'm not sure where the name tricorn comes from... it's what this card fold is called. 

I used a yellow and turquoise colour scheme for my card. I chose turquoise patterned papers and stamped and coloured a floral image for the front. A hot foiled sentiment was added at the bottom and I lightly inked around the edges of the white oval. There are panels on the back to write a message. 

This was my first attempt... I used a dotted patterned paper and drew my cardstock colours from that. The birthday card and cake stand were stencilled and die cut and added to an oval image on the front of the card. There are two panels on the back for a place to write a message. 

Enjoy, 

Alyson

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous fold and love both cards,love the colour combo and beautiful stamps-love the slice of birthday cake.
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

These are gorgeously made cards. I googled and learned tricorn means 3 corners and the fold takes its name from tricorn hats worn in the 18th century. FYI, xoxo