Friday, August 11, 2023

MTTC 514 - Stencilled Butterfly

 Welcome to My Time to Craft Challenge 514!

The theme of this challenge is stencilling. 

Stencilling is one of my favourite techniques for card making. I chose a butterfly stencil (single layer) for this card. I used three shades of Distress Oxide inks and stencilled the butterfly, leaving the lightest shade at the bottom. Before removing the stencil, I splattered the image with a mix of water and Perfect Pearls, giving it a beautiful shine. The flowers were die cut from white cardstock and I used similar shades of ink to add colour. The leaves were die cut from silver foil, as was the body of the butterfly. Those pieces were adhered and a hot foiled sentiment was placed at the right side. I die cut the butterfly outline into the card base and adhered a second body to the back to hold it in place so when the card is opened, it has a clean appearance inside. 

Come and join us at MTTC and show us your stencilled projects. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Wow I love how you've played with the different layers to create the butterfly and to decorate it. It's gorgeous. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)