Friday, August 11, 2023

CD 561 - Merriest Christmas

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 561!

Close any row or column - you may add additional colours, but ONLY if they appear on the tic tac toe grid. 

I used the middle row (Desert Rose, Pine and Sage) plus Scarlet and Rosemary.

This was a difficult colour scheme for me... these are definitely not my go-to colours! I opted to make a Christmas card using the red and green shades. I used a wreath stencil but adjusted it so I inked only half the stencil on the top and bottom of the card. The leaves were inked with Sage and Rosemary and I used Pine for the branches. Desert Rose was hard - I stencilled the berries using that colour first and then added detail at the base with Scarlet ink. I added a gold hot foiled sentiment with some gold metallic thread to the centre. Gold Stickles were placed in groups of two or three along the sides of the leaves. The card front was adhered to Scarlet cardstock, gold foil paper and finally to a Pine cardstock base. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the tic tac toe grid shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Alyson this card is just beautiful. I really like how you were able to adjust th wreath stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you bordered the wreath and centered the sentiment between them, and of course your magic on the silver thread... beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyson this is a beautiful card. Very creative design with the wreath. I love your colors and how you put them to work for you. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you were able to make a Christmas card with all the fall inspired colors. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GOR-GEOUS! Love what you did with the wreath stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is so elegant - just beautiful! This card could easily be one you'd see in the stores!! So happy to be on the team!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)