Saturday, March 11, 2023

SS 721 - You're the Reason

 Welcome to Sketch Saturday Challenge 721!

The optional theme (in addition to the sketch) is to use an embossing folder. 

I chose a woodgrain embossing folder and embossed the card front. The flowers and stems were die cut and I inked them in shades of blue and green. I also die cut two small squares and lightly inked the edges of those pieces. A strip of dark yellow cardstock was placed behind the squares and I arrange the floral spray on top. A sentiment was stamped in three shades of blue to create an ombre appearance. That was added at the bottom, along with some blue metallic thread. I placed a handful of dark blue gems around the flowers. 


Come and join us at Sketch Saturday and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson



2 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing and I wouldn't have thought of making this bloom up in blue! It looks lovely and with the yellow centre would be a lovely surprise for some Ukrainian freinds who are going through a tough time at the moment! Thanks for visiting my blog and pointing out my linky confusion. I'm so glad you did, because I got to csee your lovely work and get to know you a bit better!
    Hugs, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza I love this die cut from spellbinders and what an amazing card with the sketch and this very lovely die cut.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)