Friday, March 10, 2023

CD 539 - Inlay Thinking of You Card

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 539!

It's another tic-tac-toe board this week - choose any row, column or diagonal. You may use other colours but ONLY if they are on the grid. I used the bottom row (Wisteria, Lagoon and Glacier).

I have made this kind of card before but it worked so perfectly for this challenge. The inlay technique is gorgeous when it is completed but it is a LOT of work! 

I die cut the same image in each of the colours I needed. The individual pieces were placed back into a black outline. I had to cut a couple of colours a second time as some of those tiny pieces mysteriously disappeared during the process... Once that was finished, I stamped two sentiment strips and adhered them to the bottom. I added a second black outline piece on top and adhered the inlaid piece to several mats (white, Lagoon, Wisteria and finally a white card base). Some gold Stickles were added in the centres of the flowers. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret the colour grid shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. I love this technique!! Alyson, your card is stunning! I really need to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful combinations of colors and love the slimline for your floral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While this technique is challenging, the finished product is gorgeous! Love the row of colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Gorgeous card and technique. Great color choice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson this card is simply striking. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)