Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Art Journal

 I have several friends who do art journaling and it is something I have wanted to do for a while - honestly, I had NO IDEA where to begin. 

I watched a few videos designed for beginners. I understand that it is more a place to do anything and everything without a definitive guide and that is extremely difficult for me. I like organization whether that comes from a sketch, a given theme, a specific design and colours, etc. "Winging it" stresses me out something awful. It's like using a lot of mixed media on a project - I don't know how it will turn out and I have a hard time not being able to control that!

So here is my first foray into this new form of art. Much of was still controlled - that's just me. I ink blended a double page panel and splattered it with water. I used a stencil and gold paste to add some colour to the two corner areas. The flowers were fussy cut and added and I used a text stamp to stamp randomly (as random as I could manage) over the flowers, although I missed sections. I stamped a sentiment to cover some of the empty space and then splattered the entire page with black paint. Do I like it? Kind of... I realize I have to be able to let go for this process. 

Back to more experimenting... 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. WOW well for a first journal spread this is amazing Alyson, I absolutley love it!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's certainly beautiful and the sentiment speaks well to your first spread. The wonderful thing about art journaling is that you can just keep on making beautiful pages using techniques you see others do and be perfectly happy I guess. That's what a lot of people do. It makes sharing easier. XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)