Friday, March 15, 2024

DT 162 - Basket of Peonies

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 162!

This challenge is all about flowers - please see the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 


I loved the purple and yellow flowers in the Beautiful Blossoms collage (our partner challenge) and that is what inspired my card. I stamped, stencilled and die cut several peonies. The only basket I have (no bonnets in my stash) is the one I used - I inked that piece and filled it with the peonies. The purple background was hot foiled and added to dark purple cardstock on a white base. The inside of the card also has a purple mat and then a white panel. The basket was placed on the front and I die cut extra white pieces to cover the back so all the messy work wouldn't show since the basket overhangs the edge of the card. I added an extra flower and two butterflies to the inside panel and a hot foiled sentiment was placed at the bottom of the basket. Liquid pearls were added to the basket border and gold Sickles were used on the flower centres. 


Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the Beautiful Blossoms challenge (florals). 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Peonies are one of my favorite blooms and these peonies are beautiful, Alyson! Adding gold foil to the card finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and I love the basket of beautiful peonies.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is a gorgeous fancy fold card. I love the shades of purple on those blooms and your overall design is very eye-catching. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous purple!! And I love how you filled the basket up and overflowing with the flowers. Great fold too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the purples and your flower arrangement in the basket is so pretty with the flower spill over. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! Fabulous work, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty coloring on those flowers! Thanks for sharing at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)