Saturday, March 30, 2024

Woven Floral Card

 My friend, Monica, posts a sketch every Saturday. Some are scrapbook sketches and others are card sketches. This one is actually a scrapbook sketch but I turned it into a card instead. 

The background was inked with Distress Oxide inks and splattered with water. I cut several strips of patterned paper from the same pack and arranged them according to the sketch. The main panel was used for the flowers and I added a sentiment on the left side to accommodate the journal piece shown on the sketch. The card front was placed on a blue mat and then a white card base. There are some extra flowers on the inside of the card as well. 

Enjoy, 

Alyson

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card,love the inky colour of the background and p.papers.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked this. Great way to use up some of my pattern paper scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, the color and the design are both very eyecatching. XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)