Friday, July 1, 2022

DT 115 and CD 503 - Peace Poinsettia

Welcome to Double Trouble 115 and Colour Dare 503! 

It's Christmas in July this week - the small graphic for Double Trouble and the grid for Colour Dare are both shown below. 

The challenge at Double Trouble doesn't open until Monday so this is a sneak peek. 


I chose the colour blocks of Candy Apple, Avocado, New England Ivy and Ballerina as well as the poinsettia image. 

The poinsettias were stamped, stencilled using the four colours and die cut. I hot foiled a diamond shape and die cut that piece. That same diamond shape was cut from the stitched card front so the foiled diamond outline could be adhered with vellum behind it. I added some Ballerina ink on the right side of the card base and then stamped several holiday sentiments across the centre so they would show through the vellum. The poinsettia images were arranged along the left side and the word Peace was stamped at the bottom. I added some gold Stickles to the centres of the flowers and some gold gems around the card.

Since I am on both design teams for this challenge (Double Trouble and Colour Dare), my card will be linked to both challenges as a design team member. 

You have two weeks to link up your project with both challenges. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

11 comments:

  1. I don't even know where to start...the beautiful flower cluster? the embossed background? the vellum window with words? It all adds up to one beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love the border of the floral and the window full of sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the velum with the words showing through paired with the beautiful flowers. Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! You've created a warm and cozy feeling with the background and flowers. I also love the cut out shape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful work! I love the vellum with sentiments behind! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful elegant card. So many lovely details. Love the background die. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alyson this is such a lovely card. Are you sending it to me for Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alyson, what an effective way to use the diamond foil plate! Clever to use the vellum so the holiday sentiments could peak through!! I'm sure your card will inspire our Double Trouble followers to create just as lovely holiday cards!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. elegant card. love the choice of colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Alyson, I've resisted the foiling but it's getting harder and harder! Love the vellum, the soft shading behind it is a nice detail.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alyson!!! Heart eyes heart eyes!! I think this is my favorite yet. Absolutely gorgeous! I love all the little details that make this the stunning card it is. Especially all of the little poinsettias in a garland down the left side. Full of inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)