Friday, July 15, 2022

DT 116 - Blue Poinsettia Mini Slimline

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 116!

July for crafters often means Christmas - and yes, it is a second challenge of Christmas in July. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

I love non-traditional colours for Christmas and blue is one of my favourites. These poinsettia images are from a layered stamp set with a coordinating die. I stamped the flowers in shades of blue. The card base was inked in two opposite corners with a light blue ink and I die cut the scalloped frame twice to add to the front. A small sentiment was placed across the frame and the flowers were arranged on either side. Since bling is a requirement for Thing 3, I added some silver glitter gems and also brushed the darkest blue sections of the flowers with a clear shimmer brush. 


Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

I am also linking up my card with the Jingle Belles Challenge for their "Bling on the Holidays" challenge.

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson


5 comments:

  1. Such lovely, sparkly poinsettias and WOW they look really awesome in blue as a slimline card! So pleased to combine the Double Trouble Christmas in July Challenge with Jingle Belles' Bling on the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the shimmer, can see it in the photo, but I imagine it's amazing in personal. Beautiful floral and framing of our slimline card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Alyson!!!!! This is GORGEOUS!!! That blue is so striking and all the layers are just incredible. You pulled all the elements and colors together perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so perfect, they look great in blue! I like how you did the frame too, and that subtle shading has a really nice effect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that shimmer really makes those blooms sing ... so very glad you got BLING-y with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)