Friday, July 15, 2022

CD 505 - Kind People Maple Leaf Card

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 505!

It's another tic-tac-toe grid this week. Choose a row, column or diagonal line of colours. You can add other colours but they must be on the grid. 

I chose the centre column of Capri, Gold and Clover and I also used Bluebird. 

I started by creating a background of mixed colours using Distress Oxide inks. I placed a sunburst stencil on top and inked over that with black ink and then spread gold glitter gel on top. Once that piece was dry, I added it to card base with two thin strips of gold glitter cardstock on either side. The maple leaf was die cut in Bluebird cardstock for the base and gold glitter paper for the outline. I also cut a second inside piece from Capri cardstock and placed those pieces into the gold outline. The sentiment was embossed in white and added at the bottom. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge.

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy, 

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Alyson I love this card! First, the sentiment is wonderful. The colors and the way you used them are really eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blended background and I love the leaf die cut in gold! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVELY card- the colors are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ink blending. Lovely card-

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the ink blending. and those golden rays are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sunburst pattern behind the leaf! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)