Saturday, July 16, 2022

Rainbow Butterfly Circle Card

 I was looking through photos of cards I have made in previous years and I saw one that really piqued my interest... I decided to make it again with a few minor changes. 

The butterflies were stamped in a series of rainbow colours and die cut. The top black cardstock piece had two circles die cut from the centre and I used the outside and the centre piece. The sentiment was white embossed on the centre black piece. A white cardstock piece was inked using Distress Oxide inks that coordinated with the inks used on the butterflies - the inside sections AND the outside edges of the cardstock were inked to match the colours of the butterflies. Once the pieces were adhered together, the border cardstock matched each of the butterflies! I brushed the wings of the butterflies with a clear shimmer brush to finish off the card. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and striking card with the black and bold colors. I like how your sponged circle reflects the butterflies colors, too. XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)