Monday, July 18, 2022

Lattice Fold Cards - Front and Side

 I have made lattice fold cards the past but I have never done a front lattice fold before. 

The dark pink cardstock was cut and scored and a lattice template was attached to the side to cut the lines. Those templates can be found all over the internet - just search for braided card or lattice card templates. I folded down the largest cuts and adhered them in place and the attached that piece to a blue patterned piece of paper. I die cut several flowers and leaves and wove them into the lattice section. The sentiment was stamped and die cut with a stitched scalloped frame. That piece was adhered under a few leaves. I added some iridescent gems offset in the centres of the flowers and placed some white Liquid Pearls around the card. 

A standard lattice fold is usually along the left side of a card and that is what the second card is all about. I used a white card base and after the lattice was cut and assembled, I adhered a piece of blue patterned paper on the inside. The back side of that paper shows on the inside (flowers) and I cut another piece of the same paper for the right inside panel. A stitched floral image was stamped and coloured for the front of the card and I used some other images from the stamp set for the inside panel. Sage Liquid Pearls were added and the flowers were brushed with a clear shimmer brush. 




Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty cards, Alyson. Love all the detail you put into your works of heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)