Friday, December 29, 2023

MTTC 524 - With Heartfelt Sympathy

 Welcome to My Time to Craft Challenge 524!

The theme for this challenge is sympathy. 

Sympathy cards can be hard - usually we make them only when they are required, making that a difficult task in itself. I know many people want sympathy cards in muted colours... I prefer bolder colour schemes and I believe that can work for sympathy cards as well. 

I chose a bold colour scheme for my card. The image was stamped in black, stencilled using dark coral shades and then die cut. The image is designed to fit exactly on a card front. I lightly inked the background and also splattered it with mix of reinker, white paint and water. I die cut two additional floral images and stacked them together before adhering them and I added a white embossed sentiment that I fussy cut. Some clear heart gems were placed on and around the flowers and I used a white gel pen to add some details to the flowers.

Come and join us at MTTC and show us your sympathy projects. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy, 

Alyson


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful sympathy card Alyson and I love the bold colour and beautiful floral image.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty and cheery, love the heart shaped gems, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Alyson. I can finally comment as on my laptop at present, I cant comment from my tablet, sorry. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)