Friday, December 16, 2022

CD 527 - Purple Poppies

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 527!

Choose at least three colours from the graphic shown below - metallics and neutrals are free to use. 

I chose Wisteria, Sage and Pine. 

This was a hard combination for me... just not my normal go-to colours. 

I die cut all the flowers and leaves from both the light and dark sides of CTMH cardstock. I inked the darkest side of the Pine die cuts before adding them to the base leaf layers. For the flowers, I stamped a backgound design on the base of each piece and then added a vellum die cut over top to soften the look. The background was die cut with a stitched cover plate die and adhered to a silver base. I used silver elements for the flower centres and the embellishments. The sentiment was embossed in white and added at the bottom. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

5 comments:

  1. So fresh and pretty! Well done, Alyson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the pierced background and the beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! My impression is that you love the brighter bolder colors, so this might be why it was a hard color combo for you. I'm that way. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card. Love the green background, the silver accents & the stamping on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)