Friday, December 2, 2022

Double Trouble 127 - White on White Thinking of You Card

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 127! 

This is the last challenge for the calendar year and it will run until December 28th. 

The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

I chose to create a white on white card - well almost! 

The background was die cut three times and stacked together before being added to the card base. I embossed some leaves and the same flower twice in white on vellum and cut away the outside of the flower on one piece. I used a thin marker to colour the centre sections from the back on the smaller flower and adhered that on top of the first flower with foam tape. The sentiment was also white embossed but on cardstock and I used a light blue ink to blend some colour over top so the sentiment could be easily read. 

I created a second card in a rainbow colour scheme. 

The background was hot foiled using rainbow foil and a geo arch design. I stamped the flowers in two colours each in the same rainbow combination. The sentiment was stamped using all the same ink colours in an ombre manner. I arranged the flowers on the background and added a sentiment. The border is a stitched black rectangle to match the offset black cardstock for the images. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us your project!

You have until December 28th to link up with this challenge. 

I am also entering both my cards in the Colourful Options Challenge

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Your first card "White with Flash of Color", love how you did your foral die cut and stamp, so much dimension and beautiful. And love the "Rainbow of Colors", so colorful and your foil background is beautiful and again dimension with the pop up rainbow florals... beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great example of an all white (almost!) card, so much dimension and texture to bring it all to life. I love the rainbow foiling too, so pretty! I've still not given in to temptation yet.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards Alyson!! I love the slight touch of that blue on your first card and your second card is so bright and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Alyson. I love that neither is a Christmas card (not seeing a lot of non-holiday cards in what seems like forever! lol). The backgrounds you created for each is lovely. I love the flower on the white card - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)