Saturday, February 25, 2023

SS 720 - What's Up Giraffe Card

 Welcome to Sketch Saturday Challenge 720! 

The optional theme (in addition to the sketch) is to use an animal. 

If you saw my last post for this design team, you may recall that I ended up remaking my card as I wasn't happy with my first attempt. It was the same situation here... seems I am hainvg a hard time getting it right the first time! 

I created a background by blending turquoise distress oxide inks and then splattering that with white and turquoise sprays. That was adhered to a dark teal background and then to the white card base. I die cut a stitched square background (trimmed it) and stamped some giraffes on white cardstock to be placed behind the border. A leaf image was added along the right side. 



This is the original card I created for this challenge... I rotated the sketch ninety degrees and stamped three animals. They were coloured and fussy cut. I die cut three shapes to form the box and fussy cut three pieces of white cardstock for the inside panels. Those were stamped with a splatter stamp before I adhered the animals. I stamped a sentiment for the bottom and added an old flourish which I coloured in a darker shade than the background paper. 

Come and join us at Sketch Saturday and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. LOL What I think is, you got it more than right the first time, but you keep coming up with new ideas! Both cards are fab! (P.S. I do like the do-over a tad better.) XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)