Friday, February 10, 2023

CD 535 - CAS Crocus Stem Friendship Card

 Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge 535! 

We have a blue palette this week - use all three colours. Neutrals and metallics are free to use. 

I had another card made for this challenge but I wasn't happy with it - so I made a second one. The first card is shown underneath. 

I die cut a detailed background three times and stacked the pieces together before adhering it to a piece of light silver glitter paper. The crocus stems were die cut and I inked the bases of each piece before assembling them. They were added to the left side and I stamped and die cut a sentiment for the lower right. Everything was adhered to a white card base.

This is the first card that I made for this challenge... I stencilled leaves in Sapphire ink onto a piece of Periwinkle cardstock. The second layering stencil adds detail to the leaves so I used a shimmery glitter paste for that step. Once the front was dry, I layered it onto Glacier cardstock and finally onto a Sapphire base. The sentiment was die cut from Sapphire and Glacier carstock and I added ink around the edge of a Periwinkle hexagon. Some metallic thread was added under the sentiment and I also added a few silver glitter gems around the card. 

Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy, 

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Alyson both cards are gorgeous! the addition of Silver really makes a statement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, excellent dimension on the first card and love that you added the silver glitter sheet behind the die cut and love the simplicity of the diet cut flowers... beautiful card. And the second card, not sure you were not pleased with it, just as beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sparkly background with the 2 sweet flowers off to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards!! I love the silver background on the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)