Friday, February 17, 2023

Split Panel Cards

 For lack of a better description, I am calling these cards split panel cards. This card style was inspired by Bibi Cameron - I loved what she did and wanted to try the idea myself. 

The card base was cut into 1/2" strips about 2/3 of the way up the card front. Those pieces were then reattached in a split formation with two cross pieces used to hold everything together. I chose three related sentiments and stamped them onto the bottom three cross pieces. For the first card, I used a floral image from Pink and Main and the second card has tulips that were stamped with a layering stamp set from Altenew. I added shimmer to the flowers for both cards and that can be seen in the close up photos. 




Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely!! Clever layout design looking like horizontal fence rails with flowers growing up between and in front of the faux fence. --Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)