Monday, November 7, 2022

DT 125 - Sunflower Friends

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 125!

The colours of sunflowers - a perfect match for this week's challenge...

The small graphic is below. Please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

There is a lot happening on this card - hot foiling, ink bending, die cutting, washi tape - the list goes on. 

I started with a gold hot foiled background and cut a piece of patterned paper with similar shades of green to those in the sunflowers. The centre piece was ink blended with three Distress Oxide inks and splattered with water. I added a gold ribbon at the bottom of that piece and then placed the white circle die cut with the stamped sentiment to the right of the papers. The sunflowers are actually washi tape images that were die cut and added along the left side of the circle. A few gold glitter gems finished off my card. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also entering my card in the Inspiration Station Challenge.

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, love the black and gold background, and a good reminder to get out that washi tape roll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different elements of your card and those sunflowers are lovely. Thanks for playing along at The Inspiration Station Challenge!
    Donna xx
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card, Alyson. Hey that background looks awfully familiar to me! heehee I remember you commented that you had the foil plate and stencil. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. The gold glitter is a pretty touch! I haven't got into hot foiling yet but I'm sure starting to see a lot of projects that make me think I might need to! Very cute sunflower card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunflowers wrapping around your sentiment... and what a cool blended background. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous composition with all the layers and pretty circle die peeking out. All the pops of gold are so elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)