Friday, February 23, 2024

MTTC 528 - Hello Vellum Inked Card

 Welcome to My Time to Craft Challenge 528!

The theme for this challenge is to create your own background. 

I LOVE this challenge - there are so many possibilities to make a background and I had to settle on only one... I chose a vellum technique that is so much fun. 

The coloured background was made on vellum by using three Copic markers. I scribbled colour on the entire piece and then splattered it with rubbing alcohol. The alcohol created a droplet effect (better than spraying) and the vellum did curl initially but it flattened out itself. It didn't take long to dry. I die cut a stitched frame plus a floral image and a sentiment. The flower and sentiment pieces were stacked x3 and I arranged the pieces on the card. I added a small enamel dot to the base of each flower but left this card pretty clean and simple. 

Come and join us at MTTC and show us your projects with created backgrounds.

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and die-cut flower,love the fabulous inky vellum background.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)