Sunday, February 18, 2024

Hello Striped Card

 This card uses a sort of inlay technique without placing tons of little pieces into another die cut. 

The background was stamped using three shades of blue ink and cut down to fit the card front. I placed it on a dark blue mat and then on a lighter blue base, leaving room across the centre for the sentiment. The shadow of the sentiment die was cut from the front of the card base and I die cut the individual letters from a lighter blue cardstock piece. The letters were stacked x3 and placed back into the shadow area but on the inside of card base. The photos show this better than I can explain it... 


Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Great monochrome card Alyson, love the stamped background and inlaid sentiment.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the inlay. I did one on that swirly heart die card and it wasn't easy to explain for me either, lol. Once I saw the inside and figured out the card base was white, yours made perfect sense. XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)