Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Rotated Circle Cards

 I saw a card like this on social media and wanted to try it myself. 

It took a while to find the right striped paper - the stripes need to be pretty close together for this to work well. 

I die cut the largest circle from the centre of the paper and continued to die cut more circles until I was down to the smallest size. The circles were placed back into the opening, rotating each one ninety degrees. I kept the patterns lined up across circles. A die cut sentiment with a vellum shadow was added at the bottom. 

Staying with this same technique, I wanted to try something a little different... I chose a monochromatic striped pattern as it worked best for this technique. The circles were die cut the same way but this time, I placed the smallest circle in the centre first and offset each of the other circles so they would meet at the correct angle against the base piece (if that makes sense). This is really a play on the eyes. I know some people cannot look long at an illusion like this but it is so neat in real life. Again, a die cut sentiment with a vellum shadow was added at the bottom. 

Enjoy, 

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Clever and creative! I love inlaid die techniques. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards and designs-must admit the first one is my favourite.
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)