Friday, February 16, 2024

DT 160 - Squirrel Birthday Fun Fold Card

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 160!

The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for details. 

Thing 3 requires that we use something that hops, skips or leaps. I have a few frog stamps but the images are small... too small for what I had in mind. I chose squirrels - they definitely leap! 

I created the scene on the front by stencilling some clouds and then adhering the stamped and coloured die cuts. The grass was stencilled last as I wanted it to look like the squirrels were in the foreground. Inside the card where there is a place to write a message, there is another squirrel and sunflower plant. This card folds flat for mailing and fits into a standard A2 envelope. 


Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the challenge at Creative Creases (fun folds).

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson 

8 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

This fold is perfect for your family of squirrels. Back when I was a child my dad had a bird feeder ourside our dining room window... and we watched many squirrels do some pretty high leaps in the air to just catch on to the feeder. Adorable card.

crafty-stamper said...

Great fold and love the little squirrels and sunflowers.
Carol x

Kellianne said...

I love this fun fold! I saw a few like it while trying to decide what to do and it's really such a fun one! I didn't end up trying it out, but now I'll have to after seeing your cute creation. :)

Melanie Hungerford said...

Great fold to use for those cute little squirrels, I love seeing ideas for those sets I have in my stash too!

Debbie Mageed said...

Great fun fold card, Alyson and I love the pretty sunflowers. Your squirrels are a good choice since they too love sunflowers. My sunflowers are never flowers for long because of them. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Helen said...

Love this - great fold and a cute design too.

Thanks for having me as a Crazy Cousin again for this challenge.

Helen x

Kampin' Karen said...

Alyson, I'm delighted to see you enter your sunflowers and squirrels at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT

Rae said...

Alyson I love your adorable squirrels playing in the sunflowers. I don't think I've ever tried that fold. Thank you for the inspiration and thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #76. Hope to see you again soon.

Rae in Reno
Creative Creases DT