Saturday, July 22, 2023

Twisted Ribbon Technique Cards

 I have seen this technique many times and it has taken me this long to find the time to try it myself. 

The side panel looks like it was made with ribbon but it's all paper. I have two cards to demonstrate this technique - one is very elegant and the other is more fun. I love the black and white card - it is just so pretty!

The twisted ribbon panels were made from cardstock and patterned papers. I speficially chose black and white for the first card and die cut some crocus stems. They were inked and added to the right side, slightly overlapping the ribbon technique piece. A simple sentiment was placed across the bottom.

The second card has the same technique panel but I embossed the background and added an image of a skunk to create a birthday card. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the tech. Both cards are so nice, but that skunk got me like <3 . XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)