Sunday, July 9, 2023

Better Press Cards - First Attempt

 I recently purchased the Better Press machine from Spellbinders. It creates letterpress effects and the results are gorgeous. All the info out there suggests that this is a fool-proof process - well, I'm not so sure about that. 

I have ended up with smudges on every piece that I have done - it's hard to remove the top plate and the cardstock without touching the edges. That may be an experience thing - the more often I do it, the better it may get. 

Colouring is supposedly best done with water-based products... the first card below was coloured with Zig markers, which are water-based. That is definitely not a strength for me and I learned a lot while doing it. 



The second card was coloured with alcohol ink markers. It works but it's hard to prevent fuzziness around the image that wasn't there before I started colouring. 

This is a learning experience - I will return to it and try more ideas when I have a bit of time! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Well, so sorry you are having problems aka learning curve. I watched the video about it and did hear it promised no curve! and saw quite a few ways that I myself could mess up even before running it through the die cut machine, lol. I'll just amuse myself with old-fashioned stamping. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)