Friday, July 28, 2023

DT 144 - Stack of Piggies

 Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 144!

This week, the focus is on woodgrain (and piggies, if desired). The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

This was an interesting card for me... I stamped the stack of piggies on white cardstock and again individually on masking paper. I fussy cut each of the masking images and placed them on top of the stamped images on the card front. I used a scoring blade to add score lines randomly across the card, working between the piggy images. With the masking paper still in place, I dragged grey and brown ink pads over the raised lines, making my own woodgrain pattern. Once the masking paper was lifted, I coloured the piggies and adhered that piece to pink cardstock with craft foam and then to a black cardstock base. The sentiments were stamped and one was added beside each piggy. Some pink glitter gems finished off this card. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

I am also linking up my card with the FarmQuest Challenge (use pigs).

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Your masking turned out perfect! That stack of pigs is adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cheerleading stacked formation of pigs is sooey cute!!! Squealing with delight! And you are so clever to make your woodgrain faux background paper, too! Thanks for being part of this collaboration between FarmQuest and Double Trouble! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the same techinque stamping on the background so that I don't have to fussy-cut those little tails and/or whiskers and it gives it dimension too. What an adorable stack of piggies and love how you got all five piggies on the card and fantastic woodgrain you created. Adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE the stack of piggies, Alyson, and your "wood grain" is fabulous! We're tickled that you've entered our challenge at FarmQuest this month. Hope to see you playing again regularly. :-D Good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)