Sunday, July 2, 2023

HLS Birthday - Acetate Leaf Front Card

 Welcome to Happy Little Stampers - Birthday Challenge. 

This is always an anything goes challenge as long as the theme is birthday. 

I saw a card similar to this one on Pinterest and wanted to try it myself. I cut the card base approx. halfway down and also cut a narrow piece for the bottom. I used a stitched die to add interest to both of those pieces. A leaf die was cut several times and I arranged the pieces on the back of the card. I had to add a few extra images along the sides to fill in the gaps. A piece of acetate was placed over those leaves and I glued more leaf images on the back to hide all of the adhesive. The flowers and leaves were die cut and I added them to the leaves. A heat embossed sentiment was placed just above the acetate. 


Come and join us at HLS Birthday and show us your birthday projects. 

You have until the end of the month to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Enjoy,

Alyson

6 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow. I'd have a glue-y mess if I tried that. I have enough trouble gluing down sequins when I don't feel up to using glue dots.
    .A stunning make, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the way you added the stitched die above and below the acetate section. The leaves and flowers look great. This looks like a fun technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this card but then the acetate and the embossed lines just make it perfect. Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this card is amazing! I love the die cuts, love the acetate opening. Love the CAS feel to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card turned out gorgeous and I know it wasn't a piece of cake to create it with all those beautiful details! It was well worth it in the end with those pretty leaves and colorful flowers. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow

    Can’t find the words to say how cool this is.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)