Sunday, October 23, 2022

Christmas Cards with Oxide Inked Backgrounds

 Every now and then, a little messy work is fun - and these cards are the end result. 

I created three letter size backgrounds and cut them into four card fronts each. I made the backgrounds using Distress Oxide sprays and water. There was a lot of smooshing and drying before I had the backgrounds that made me happy. Once they were entirely dry, I cut them into pieces slightly smaller than a card front as you can see in the photos. 

Die cutting and more die cutting - and still more die cutting... all those little pieces were die cut and arranged into groups for 12 cards. The sentiments were also die cut and these cards have a smaller sentiment piece from a set of sentiment strips. I added some Stickles to the centres of the poinsettias and placed a few clear gems around the images to finish off the cards.


Enjoy,

Alyson





2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous, Alyson! I never remember to use my multitude of sprays on a master board, but hoping to squirrel the idea away for future. Fab work, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty! Ink smooshing is one of my favourite techniques! I have a bunch of backgrounds made but forget to use them; my memory is very bad, not joking. These backgrounds are fun to make! I love your blues! Will be emailing you soon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)