Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Hummingbirds and Roses

 These two pretty cards were created with a stamp, stencil and die set from LDRS Creative. 

The flowers, leaves and birds were stamped, stencilled and die cut. There are two very different backgrounds - one was die cut in white and I placed a piece of black cardstock behind that piece. I inked a stitched rectangle and a stitched square to provide borders for the images. Tiny clear gems were placed in each of the point openings. 

The second background was stencilled in shades of light pink and green and then I spread glitter gel on top. Once that was dry, the images were arranged in the circle (which was purposely offset) and a sentiment was added at the bottom. A few dew drops were added on the flowers. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Alyson! These are both absolutely gorgeous! I am a big fan of hummingbirds - they are such a joy to see at our feeders each summer, with all of their antics. Your cards have reminded me of some fun memories of summer! Your colouring is beautiful and I love your colour choices! I especially love the second card with the sparkly stencilled background! It reminds me of the iridescent gorgets of the humminbirds! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)