Monday, November 29, 2021

Double Trouble 98 and Atlantic Hearts 449 - Peace Poinsettia

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 98! 

This week is a "Something, Anything, Everything" challenge so grab your stuff and create along with us! The small graphic is below - visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for more information. 

I am also linking up my card with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge where I am a member of the design team. 

My Christmas cards have been finished for a while now but I decided to create just one more as there is always that last minute need for a few extras. I used a holly embossing folder to emboss the background and that was adhered to a few pieces of white cardstock, from which I cut several dies. It added height without the use of foam tape. The embossed panel was adhered to a Glacier card base. I used a piece of plaid patterned paper for the center panel. The poinsettia was mounted on a stitched rectangle die cut and the sentiment was added under the lower leaf. I added some twine along the side of the plaid piece and three enamel dots in the top corner. The last step was to brush the poinsettia with both the Sundance and Clear Shimmer Brushes. 


The extras that I added to my card from Thing 3 (Twisted Sister) are as follows: plaid, embossing, twine, dots (although mine are white instead of black) and a banner.

Come and join us at both Double Trouble and Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret each challenge. 

Both of these challenges close on Sunday evening. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Daisy Meadows Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Hammermill White Cardstock 

Stamps: Christmas Joy (Hero Arts), Winter Flower plus dies (Gina K. Designs) 

Inks: Intense Black (Hero Arts), Peacock

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Dies (GMD), Holly Embossing Folder (Darice), White Enamel Dots, Clear Shimmer Brush, Sundance Shimmer Brush, Mint Twine (misc.), Tri-Blend Markers, Touch Markers 

Enjoy,

Alyson

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poinsettia as your focal point and your selection of elements from Twisted Sister's card enhanced your card. The plaid you used is one of my favorites, I even bought the bundle packet when it went on sale... I'll have it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Christmas card, Alyson! Great layout using the sketch and I like the rich embossed texture. When I lived in Florida, my yard was filled with Poinsettia blooms of every color from November through January, while dormant the remainder of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza!!! This is just so so pretty!! I love the colors, the design and the overall feel of your card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)