Saturday, November 27, 2021

Grateful Layout

I haven't scrapbooked for quite a while but this situation really needed a layout! 

November is often a month when people like to do a gratitude exercise. A wonderful friend of mine decided to participate in an online gratitude challenge to post one thing each day for which she was grateful. Imagine my surprise when I opened Facebook and this was the first post in my feed. She had written about me... I was so honoured and this sure made me cry! The first thing that caught my eye was the picture of two of my cards - and then I read her beautiful message. I printed that as well as my reply for this layout. 

I used a blue and yellow theme to go with the colours on the cards. The tags along the side were cut from various patterned paper and I added ribbon to two of them. The background was lightly inked with Squeezed Lemonade DO ink and splattered with shimmer brushes. The flowers were stamped, stencilled and die cut and arranged around the pictures. I added some gold metallic thread, gold shimmer brush accents and gold stickles to the floral groupings. I decided to border everything - the photos and the entire layout - for more emphasis.

This warms my heart every time I read it - and it still moves me to tears. Thank you, my friend! I am so blessed to have you in my life. 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Various Patterned Papers, White Daisy Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Lemonade Cardstock, Sundance Cardstock

Stamps: Feel So Blessed, In the Meadow stamps plus dies and layering stencils (Pink Fresh Studio) 

Inks: Carolina, Sapphire, Bluebird, Lemon, Sundance, Nectarine, Squeezed Lemonade DO Ink 

Accessories: Art Philosophy Cricut Collection, Stitched Simple Brackets Thin Cuts, Shimmer Brushes - Bluebird, Lemonade, Gold, Goldenrod Stickles, Corner Rounder, Gold Metallic Thread (misc.), Hole Punch, White Ribbon (misc.) 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)