Tuesday, September 27, 2022

TSOT 576 - Blessings of Peace

 Welcome to Try Stampin' on Tuesday 576!

It's a horizontal sketch this week and the optional theme (in additional to the sketch) is birds. 

I really struggled with this challenge... I wanted to use a bird but nothing seemed to work. I eventually opted to stamped a bird on dark cardstock and colour it with white pigment ink. The background was embossed with a woodgrain folder and I inked over the lines to bring out the pattern. I used a mint colour to enhance the dark colours on my card. The sentiment was stamped and die cut and I added some silver metallic thread just under that piece. 

Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret this week's sketch. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create! 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautifully, Alyson! You rocked the sketch! I especially love the woodgrain and how you inked it; I haven't tried that yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)