Thursday, September 22, 2022

A Little Hi with Inked Flowers

 This is a technique I had not tried before... inking vellum from the back and then die cutting. 

The floral image was embossed in white on vellum and I used distress oxide inks to add ink on the back side. It was hard to see the lines at times and it was even harder not to mix pink and green or to overlap sections. That piece was die cut. I cut a piece of black cardstock slightly smaller than the card base and arranged the image across the centre. The same floral die was used to cut the black cardstock as I wanted a white background behind the flowers. The black end pieces were then embossed with a dotted embossing folder. All the pieces were arranged on the card front and I added a sentiment at the bottom. Some clear dew drops were placed around the card and I added pink and clear Stickles to the flower centres. 



No comments: