Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Pinwheel Tower Card

I have seen a lot of this card style the last few weeks and wanted to try one myself. I figured out the measurements on my own and this card will fit into a standard A2 envelope as it folds flat to   4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

I used a bright green cardstock for the card base and the patterned paper is all from the same gorgeous paper pack. The left panels were random stamped with various butterflies on purple cardstock and I also added a border to each piece. There is one white section for the purpose of writing a message. I did stamp, colour and die cut a couple of butterflies and brushed them with a clear shimmer brush. The sentiments are from the paper pad. The key to this card's success in to keep it flat - bulky embellishments prevent it from folding flat. 

Each section is shown below. The first photo is taken slightly from above to show how this card stands. 




Products used are as follows: 

Paper: Hydrangea Lawns Paper Pad (Dress My Craft), White Cardstock, Wisteria Cardstock, Avocado Cardstock (CTMH)

Stamps: Chelsea Gardens Cardmaking Stamp and Thin Cuts, Butterfly Friendship Stamp and Thin Cuts (both CTMH)

Inks: Wisteria (CTMH)

Accessories: Clear Shimmer Brush (CMTH), Touch Markers, Tri-Blend Markers, Sharpie Markers 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)