Friday, August 6, 2021

Christmas with Distress Oxide Sprays

I am slowly working on some Christmas cards in addition to the design team work and other projects that I have on the go. I recently watched a superb video as part of a weekend cardmaking event and was inspired to try something new to me! 

Distress Oxide sprays are a medium that I had not used until I did these cards. This technique can also be done using Distress Oxide inks but the sprays are much more fun - and considerably messier! 

I used three colours that are similar - Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon. I started with the two lightest colours and sprayed them on a media mat and then smooshed the paper into the sprays. I did this several times, drying the paper between each session. I added the darkest colour and did more smooshing until most of the paper as covered. I used a letter size sheet of heavy duty watercolour cardstock for this. I also splattered some of the sprays and some water on the paper. 

Once the paper was dry, it was cut into 4 sections, each a perfect A2 card size. I embossed a vine image in white on each piece and then trimmed them down by an eighth of an inch. I inked the outside edges of each pice and mounted them on a top folding card base so there was a small border. The sentiment pieces were stamped on black and embossed in white. They were cut and adhered to the cards. I love the end result!

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: Black Cardstock (CTMH), Distress Watercolour Cardstock (Ranger), Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Inks: DO Sprays - Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon (Ranger), Versamark, Lagoon (CTMH)

Stamps: Merry Christmas to All (SU), Winterberry Background (PFS)

Accessories: White Embossing Powder (Ranger), Heat Tool (CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)