Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Gatefold Card with Inner Surprise

This gatefold card opens to reveal a surprise inside. I chose to make this one with a blue birthday theme. 

The outside of the card is a standard gatefold card - it meets in the middle and a belly band holds it together. I decorated the front panel with balloons and gifts all coloured in shades of blue. The sentiment was stamped with two shades of blue. 

Inside, the card opens to reveal a birthday message. Since the inside is adhered to the outer panels, the card will not lay flat but that's not a problem. It can be displayed standing up to see the inside. I splattered the centre piece with two shimmer brushes and stamped a sentiment in the same inks as on the front. I also stamped little stars around the sentiment. The background was random stamped using the same images that are on the front of the card. Since there isn't a place to write a message, I added a panel on the back of the card for that purpose. 

I hope this is a little surprise for the recipient! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: These are My People Paper Pack, I Heart Us Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock 

Stamps: Swirly Happy Birthday, Birthday Banners, Best Wishes All Around, Celebrate Today Card Kit, Birthday Borders 

Inks: Sapphire Pigment Ink, Sapphire, Bluebird, Carolina

Accessories: Birthday Borders Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Touch Markers (not CMTH), Copic Markers (not CTMH), Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Bluebird Shimmer Brush, Sapphire Shimmer Brush, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)