Sunday, August 22, 2021

Good Tidings Paperscape

Creating a paperscape was a first for me - it's a multi-dimensional card that contains some sort of scene. This one is approximately 6" x 9" x 2" when standing up but it folds flat and slides into an envelope that was created specifically for this card. The file is from The Dreaming Tree website and comes in an SVG format so it can be cut on most standard electronic machines. 

It took me a long time to decide on the colour scheme. I knew I wanted the background pieces to be white but I cut them from Pearl paper so they had some extra shine to them. The sky at the back was stamped with little snowflakes and embossed in white. I used some distress oxide ink to add a bit of colour around the edges. A few gems were placed on the envelope and one was used to dot the letter I in the sentiment. I did photograph some of these pictures with a small flashlight underneath - there is a space for a battery operated tea light to brighten the scene. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Pearl Paper, Silver Foil, White Glitter Paper

Stamps: Polar Bear Holiday

Inks: Versamark, Shaded Lilac DO Ink (not CTMH)

Accessories: Cricut - Dreaming Tree File, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Glacier Gems (Pink Fresh Studio), Ocean Breeze Gems (Pink Fresh Studio)

Enjoy,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)