Monday, July 5, 2021

Double Trouble 88 - Special Delivery

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 88! 

Babies, babies, babies... it's all about the little ones this week. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble challenge blog for more information.

I pulled out three old stamp sets for this challenge - I love the elephant with the balloons and that was perfect for a baby card. 

First, I went to my Cricut and cut a banner for the sentiment. I created a shadow for that piece as well. The card base was splattered with two shimmer brushes. The elephant and balloons were stamped, coloured and die cut . The side pieces had to be adjusted in size as I used a pattern from Make It From Your Heart Vol. 4 but the measurements were for a horizontal card. I also stamped some vine images on the Mint cardstock. The balloon lines were stamped after I had everything positioned - and after I had edited the card, I went back and drew in the lines so they met up with the edges of the elephant's trunk and the balloons as they looked funny to me. 

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this week's challenge.

You have two weeks to link up your project.

I am also linking up my card with the Bitten by the Bug challenge

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are all Close To My Heart:

Paper: Mix-In Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Smoothie Cardstock, White Card Bases and Envelopes

Stamps: Sweet Baby, Balloon Wishes, Botanical Borders

Inks: Intense Black, Archival Black, Mint, Carolina, Smoothie, Peach

Accessories: Artiste Cricut Collection, Sweet Baby Thin Cuts, Mint Shimmer Brush, Peach Shimmer Brush, Tri-Blend Markers, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,

Alyson


9 comments:

  1. How adorable, Alyson! Aren't baby elephants wonderful? Beautiful colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elephants are a favorite of mine for baby cards. Great design papers used for your layout... adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute elephant stamp, and I have never used shimmer brushes to make splatters. That will by my next experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s amazing how well elephants work for baby cards. Yours is adorable. So fun collaborating with Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cute! I love all the details of your card. You can tell it is created with love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet colour palette and images for a new baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and the trunk up is for good luck.
    Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I love the elephant since they are my fave! Thanks for joining the challenge at the Bitten By The Bug 2 Cricut challenge blog. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so sweet! love that elephant! precious. thank you for sharing with us at Bitten by the Bug 2's baby challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)