Friday, July 9, 2021

Black and White Hello

A friend of mine periodically posts a sketch on her Facebook page and I like to participate. This one is an old Sunday Stamp sketch. She also had a requirement that the card be black and white - NO other colours.

I started with some black and white patterned papers and decided I wanted to use dot patterns. I also went to my Cricut and cut a flower and leaves from the Serenity collection. The front of the flower was cut from patterned vellum and I added little white beads in the center. A piece of black and white twine was tied around one piece of patterned paper and I added a tiny sentiment just where the bow is tied. I added some White Opal Liquid Pearls to the centres of the berries and brushed the branches with the Clear Shimmer Brush. I am pretty happy with the end result... working with only two colours isn't always easy! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Mix-In Paper Packs, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Black Fundamental Cardstock, Patterned Vellum, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: Mini Messages (Hero Arts)

Inks: Archival Black 

Accessories: Cricut Serenity Collection, Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Nestabilites Basic Oval Dies, Nestabilites Scalloped Oval Dies, Black and White Twine, White Beads (not CMTH), White Opal Liquid Pearls (not CTMH), Clear Shimmer Brush, Thin Foam Tape, Craft Foam (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)