Thursday, July 29, 2021

Using Backgrounds - Part 4

It's the last day for Cards Using Backgrounds! 

I actually have some other cards that have been completed with previously created background that I decided not to post. These are some of the last ones... 

The first one is a slimline card that was based on a card created for the Scrapbooks and Cards Today blog. Their example was a standard A2 card but I liked the idea of the focal point in the lower right and used that same idea on a slimline card. The background was created using a stencil and Distress Oxide inks and it was brushed with Moondust Glitter Gel. The banners were added along with some black stamped images. I wanted the focus to be the background so I kept the rest of the card simple. 

The second card was created using a gel plate. I made several backgrounds using this method and this was the only one that I deemed useable. I definitely need more practice with that product! I used both Carolina and Bluebird inks although it looks like only the lighter of the two. The stamp was pressed into the ink and removed. I wanted the background to remain the focus so I added a simple die cut sentiment along with some silver embellishing thread and sequins. 

The last card uses a technique that I used quite a bit earlier this year. It is done using alcohol markers on vellum and using rubbing alcohol to move the colour. I stayed with the blue and green colour scheme and added a border along with shadowed sentiments. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Bright Stack, Brights Paper Pack (Doodlbug), Favorite Things Paper Pack (Heidi Swapp), Pink Cardstock (Scrapbook.com), White Daisy Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Vellum, White Cards and Envelopes, Slimline Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps: Thinking of You, Greetings Mix 2 (SSS), Stripe Jungle Background (SSS)

Inks: Carolina, Bluebird, Archival Black, DO Inks - Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Thinking of You Thin Cuts, Basic Circle Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Thin Cuts, Hello Die (SSS), Sending Die (Pink Fresh Studio), Smiles Die (Pink Fresh Studio), Layered Slimline Dies (Pink and Main), Circle of Love Textured Roses Stencil (Stamperia), Moondust Glitter Gel, Copic Markers, Loose Gold Sequins, Loose Silver Sequins, Silver Embellishing Thread Rubbing Alcohol, Gel Plate (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)