Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Blue Birthday Slimline

I am still working on birthday cards for all the August birthdays on my calendar! 

The colour scheme on this one suprised me - I tend to think of blue as a dark colour but the flowers were a perfect combination with the brighter green shades. 

The flowers were stencilled using a set of layering stencils. There is a coordinating stamp but I didn't use it on this card. I die cut the floral image and also die cut some thin rectangles. The rectangles were adhered to the base, followed by the large floral image. I stamped a sentiment and added some shimmer tape to the bottom before it was die cut. That was placed across the largest flower and cut off the side of the card. The flower centres were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush and some silver Stickles were added around the flowers. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Slimline Cards and Envelopes (CTMH), Black Paper (scrapbook.com)

Stamps: You are My Favourite (Pink Fresh Studios), On Your Birthday (CTMH)

Inks: Archival Black (CTMH), Grassy Knoll, Key Lime, Sky Blue, Seaside (all PFS) 

Accessories: Layered Slimline Dies (Pink and Main), Stitched Scalloped Brackets Thin Cuts (CTMH), You are My Favourite Die (PFS), Silver Shimmer Trim, Silver Stickles, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,

Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)