Saturday, July 31, 2021

Stencilled Holly and Berries

I recently participated in an online Christmas card event. There were a lot of great tutorials and one of them was about stencilling in various ways. These cards are a result of that technique. 

I started by creating some A2 stencils on my Cricut. They allow for a border to be left around the centre of the card. I made three of them, all with different border widths. If you look closely, you will notice that the border around the two cards is slightly different. 

I stamped the holly image with the border stencil in place. Keeping that same stencil in place, I inked the background around the image. Another stencil was placed on top and inked in the same colour but with a heavier hand to allow the pattern to show. Once the stencils were removed, I heat set the ink (Distress Oxide ink) so I could stamp a sentiment in the lower corner. I also added some Liquid Pearls around each image. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Cards and Envelopes

Stamps: Joyful Holly (SU)

Inks: Intense Black, Clover, Candy Apple, DO Inks: Festive Berries, Tattered Rose

Accessories: Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, Cricut Basic Shapes, Stencil Sheets, Tri-Blend Markers, Green Liquid Pearls, White Liquid Pearls 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)