Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Using Background - Part 3

Still more backgrounds to put to use...

These two cards are the result of some play time with gloss sprays. I wasn't thrilled with the end result of either background so I opted to cut out the sections that I liked. 

The first piece had several colours of gloss spray on it and and a rainbow effect was created across the top. I used that section to die cut the letters to spell HAPPY. The colours are so bold that they worked very well on a black background. I die cut the word "birthday" and added it underneath. The last step was to add a few coordinating sequins around the coloured letters. Simple and easy! 

The second card was also the result of a play session with gloss sprays. I used a large die to cut the entire sentiment and mounted it on white. It needed something else so I added a black border. The inside of the heart was coloured and a few coordinating sequins were added around the card. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Distress Watercolour Cardstock, White Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps; none

Inks: Gloss Sprays - Fuchsia, Cheddar, Lime, Ocean, Turquoise

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, A Big Thank You Thin Cut, Happy Birthday Die (Creative Expressions), Misc. Sequins, Sharpie Marker, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,

Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)