Monday, March 7, 2022

DT 105 - All Smiles

Welcome to Double Trouble Challenge 105!

St. Patrick's Day is around the corner and it's all about green and plaid this week. The small graphic is below - please visit the Double Trouble Challenge Blog for detailed information. 

I used a pair of stencils to create the background for my card. I used the same ink for both parts but a slightly darker hand for the second layer. The leaves were stamped, coloured and die cut and I added a layer of vellum slightly offset behind each. The gold leaves were die cut from gold foil and all the leaves were arranged facing down on the card. The sentiment was die cut from gold foil and adhered to a vellum background. I added a pair of white ribbons and some white enamel gems to finish off the card.

Come and join us at Double Trouble and show us how you interpret this challenge. 

I am also linking up my card with Heart 2 Heart for their challenge. 

The Double Trouble challenge ends in two weeks. 

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Gold Foil, Vellum (CTMH), Green Cardstock (Gina K. Designs), Hammermill White Cardstock

Stamps: Blossoming Friendship plus dies (CTMH)

Inks: Intense Black (Hero Arts), Lucky Clover DO Ink

Accessories: Curvy Leaf Dies, Phrase Builder Dies, Diamond Plaid Layering Stencils (Pinkfresh Studio), White Ribbons (SU), Tri-Blend Markers, White Enamel Dots (CTMH), Craft Foam, Gold Liquid Pearls 

Enjoy,

Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful stenciled background for your beautiful floral and leaves... love the gold foil leaves breaking up the greens... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always special when I open your blog to see your wonderful art! This card is lovely, Alyson! The background stencil is going on my shopping list and I love the touch of gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that plaid with the grouping of greens plus the gold leaves. So beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous card! I love the tones of the greens you have used. Thanks for joining us at H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyson this is just gorgeous! I love those leafy branches over the plaid and the tick of gold is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the background you created! Thanks for joining the creative fun at Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)