Saturday, March 26, 2022

Smiling Poppies

This card was CASEd from one made by Jennifer McGuire. I have wanted this poppy stamp and die set for ages and recently, a wonderful friend of mine sent me the stamp. What better time to use it?

The poppies, leaves and branches were stamped using various colours. I didn't realize that the poppies have FIVE layering stamps in addition to three more stamps for the centre of the flower. I had to change the inks I was using midway as I didn't have enough shades in the colours I had selected. The depth that the various inks provide is quite remarkable. 

The stems and flowers were arranged directly on the card front and adhered. A sentiment was embossed on black cardstock and adhered near the bottom. A strip of gold glitter paper was placed underneath the sentiment. The last step was to add some Platinum Stickles to the centres of the flowers. 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I buy something every time I watch her, grrrrr, lol. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Alyson! The depth you created with your stamping is amazing. I love the look, but get nervous about lining things up with multiple steps.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)